Tower Operator/Internal Manager
The Tower Operator/Internal Manager: Contributes to the operational effectiveness of the service department and to positive CSI results by maximizing shop productivity and by ensuring that all vehicles advance through the shop in a timely and efficient manner. Ensures all administrative paperwork is processed accordingly for warranty and internal work orders
- Passion, motivation, focus and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and mediate effectively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Prioritize and dispatch work for the shop from customer repair order needs and requirements
- Maintain shop capacity, efficiency and productivity at all times
- Monitor the availability of technicians and inform Management and Service Advisors as needed
- Writing up used cars for safety inspections and making sure work needed is completed in an efficient manner
- Organizing delivery requests to ensure sold vehicles are ready for customers
- Identify and communicate opportunities to enhance workshop productivity and efficiency to Service Management
- Write work orders for preparation of New/Pre-Owned inventory for sale
- Advise Sales Management of additional work required and associated cost
- Process and dispatch internal repair orders for Sales Department inventory units to meet delivery times.
- Arrange and invoice sublet repairs for all vehicles
- Process invoices for vehicles and do close all work orders for month end
- Process and complete appropriate checklists and warranty registration for above vehicles
- Process all warranty claims in a timely manner, as the repair orders are closed.
- Review and process all returned/rejected/adjusted warranty claims, track each claim until its final resolution.
- Book the appropriate technicians for the hours earned on the operations performed. Informing the technician and department management of adjustments as they occur.
- Check each repair order against the vehicles’ service history to avoid processing duplicate claims or submitting claims for shop comebacks.
- Contact the appropriate warranty claims representative regarding any claims requiring additional authorization or for claims requiring special assistance.
- Maintain a record of all claims submitted, returned/rejected, or paid and their current status.
- Manage manufacturers and after-market warranty company policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with the manufacturer’s representatives and the representative of any aftermarket company with which the dealership conducts business.
- Identify exceptional cases which may result in special agreements with the manufacturer and complete the required documents and follows up.
- Maintain warranty receivable schedules and reconcile credit memos daily.
- Close repair orders (warranty, PDI and internal) daily.
- Refund customers via work order or cheque as applicable.
- Reviews claims exceeding the time frames prescribed by the manufacturer which are not processed in the regular manner.
- Processes and authorizes transit claims, ensuring all required documentations and photographs are obtained and attached to each service invoice.
- Keeping track of all warranty parts by noting the repair order number, date of replacement and date on which part may be disposed.
- Provide a daily report to the Service Manager regarding claims status.
- Monitor the use of special warranty programs for diagnosis time, straight time repairs, etc. for abuse by the service sales and /or technical staff.
- Reviewing and distributing campaigns, product recalls and bulletins daily via the dealer and manufacturer communications portal.
- Ensure claim compliance and accurate documentation for audit purposes.
- Maximize claim eligibility and reduce write offs.
- Effectively oversee workflow to technicians to optimize shop utilization and tech billed hours to reach requirements of the union
- Keep up to date with FCA, technical bulletins, and changes to policy and procedures.
- Provide solutions to meet repair order promise times and customer expectations.
- Ensure work order compliance with warranty policy and procedures and documentation.
- Attend all service department meetings and complete assigned training.
- Ensure timely completion of all work requests so that vehicle can be delivered as scheduled
- Maintain and control service appointments.
- Perform service department administrative tasks as directed by management.
- Report any situation or condition that could jeopardize the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its employees or its customers.
What We Look For:
- PBS v10 knowledge and training is considered an asset.
- Chrysler training/experience considered an asset
- Familiarity with automotive terminology and manufacturer warranties and procedures is preferred.
- Service Advisor or Automotive Technician experience in an asset.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking expertise.
- Detail oriented with good analytical aptitude.
- Solid time management and decision making capabilities.
- Effective listening and communication skills.
- Computer literate.
Apply for a rewarding career today! Email your resume to Ashley Verma firstname.lastname@example.org
Automotive Service Advisor
Do you love customer service? Do you have a proven track record in retail sales? Do you like working in a fast-paced team environment? If so, Motor City Chrysler wants to speak with you. To ensure optimum customer service, we’re hiring a Service Advisor to work one-on-one with our clients.
Your job will be to advise customers on the available parts and service options when their vehicles need repairs. We’re counting on you to develop extensive product knowledge and to serve all of our customers with a friendly smile and honest guidance. We offer in-house training and support as well as competitive compensation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet customer and begin the process of helping the customer through the repair
- Write up customer’s vehicle problem accurately and clearly
- Positive interface with technicians, parts department and customers
- Advise customers about necessary services needed for repair of vehicle
- Explain the work and charges to the customer when the job is complete
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding inbound work and work in progress
- Review work orders to ensure that work is completed
- Close repair order as appropriate
- Book tech times
- Other duties as assigned
- Warranty training asset
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Education would be an asset
- 3-5 years of experience as a service advisor
- Mechanical background and experience an asset
- Ability to handle demanding, fast paced environment with internal and external customers
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to work independently
- Effective communications skills (listening, oral and written)
- Effective organization, planning, problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to a fast paced working environment
- Professional attitude and presentation
We offer a competitive salary, group benefits for full time employees, and opportunities for advancement! If this sounds like the right opportunity, we want to hear from you!
We ask all qualified candidates to submit their resume via Indeed. We thank all candidates who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dealership: 2 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 year (Preferred)
- Service Advisor: 2 year (Preferred)
- Chrysler Trained is an asset
Please email resume to our Service Manager Ashley Verma - email@example.com