Automotive Shop Foreman - Summary
Ensures that repairs are performed correctly and efficiently by qualified technicians and that the service department maintains a consistently high level of customer satisfaction.
- Salary and Bonus based on experience
- Recruits, hires and motivates qualified service technicians.
- Assists technicians in developing their skills.
- Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Ensures that all department employees receive appropriate manufacturer training.
- Conducts regular performance reviews for all technicians in accordance with dealership guidelines.
- Ensures that all repairs are assigned to technicians in an equal and fair manner as part of dispatching work
- Provides technical support for technicians when necessary.
- Ensures repairs are charged out correctly.
- Checks progress of each repair order throughout the day.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Road tests vehicles to quality-check work performed.
- Manages technician performance using tools such as the daily operating control (DOC), efficiency and productivity control, comeback reports, warranty reports, monthly forecasts.
- Monitors technicians' daily productivity reports
- Monitors shop condition, including cleanliness, safety and the condition of shop equipment. Reports problems dealer.
- Ensures the proper care, storage and inventory of special tools.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department
- Maintains safe work environment.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please send your resume to Jason Bray: firstname.lastname@example.org
Automotive Service Technician
We are currently looking for an Automotive Service Technician
You will be Responsible for:
- A current technician license for the province of Ontario
- At least 3 years of experience in automotive vehicle repair
- Comfortable performing routine automotive repairs, including but not limited to; oil changes, tire rotations, alignments, battery installations
- Working with Diagnostic tools and procedures to identify the cause of automotive issues and make the proper repairs
- Current understanding of provincial requirements for safety and emissions requirements
- Comfortable with working with computers to update customer records and work performed or required on their automobiles
- Maintaining proper training required by O.E.M’s and industry best practices
- Maintain a clean and safe workstation
- Follow all Health and Safety guidelines
- A competitive wage
- Aggressive bonus plan
- Boot and tool allowance
- Two hoists
- Team environment
Please send your resume to Melanie Teskey: email@example.com